Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cultural Legacy: Updated

A few posts ago, I mentioned my cultural legacy.  I talked about my family and where they came from.  I talked about my faith.  One thing I didn't think about, however, is communication.  As soon as my teacher, Ms. Mystrena, asked us how communication was related to our own cultural legacy, I knew the answer.  Everything is based around communication.  I don't have very open communication with my parents.  There are just some things that I just cannot bring up.  I am not allowed to talk back to anyone older than me.  Even if I am pointing out a mistake in logic, or even  I am trying to voice my own, different opinion, I'm shut down.  I get told off.  My dad was speaking to my sister the other day.  I didn't agree with what he was saying, so I told him otherwise.  My dad was angry with me, and later, my mom told me not to do it again.  This is the communication in my cultural legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment